Policies & Guidelines
Please note: Events are not booked until contracts are signed and initialed.
Wedding Catering Agreement Terms & Conditions
Initial Service Contract:
1. Upon contracting service with Dagar's Catering the client is responsible for:
- a. Providing a non-refundable reservation fee, totaling 25% of the total balance, guaranteeing the day and time of the client's event.
- b. Providing an estimated guest count. The prices in the proposal reflect these numbers from this estimated guest count. Once final count is given, should that number drop below 15% of the original estimated count, Dagar's reserves the right to increase the price per person. For example, if the client gives a estimated guest count of 100 guests, but later changes that number to 50, the client is still responsible for the head count of 85.
- c. See "Final Menu Selections and Final Count" section below for further details regarding the guaranteed/actual count submission/billing process.
2. Cancellation Policy:
Dagar's Catering understands that sometimes cancellations may occur so the following policies have been instituted.
- a. The reservation fee is non-refundable. When a reservation fee is given to Dagar's Catering that day and time is guaranteed for your event.
- b. If cancellation occurs 30 days or less prior to the event, it becomes the client's responsibility to pay for the remaining balance on the account.
- c. If cancellation occurs 31-60 days prior to the event, there will be no further financial liability on the part of the client.
- d. If cancellation occurs because of an "Act of God", Dagar's Catering will be more than willing to rescheduled the event for another day that Dagar's Catering is available.
3.Final Menu Selections, Final Count and Staffing:
- a. Final menu selections are due 30 days prior to the event.
- b. Final count is due 10 business days prior to the date of the event - if the final count is not provided by the client, Dagar's will prepare for the amount provided on the original contract.
- c. Changes in final count must reflect no more than a 15% decrease from the original estimated count.
- d. Once food items are purchased and delivered to the event site, NO REFUNDS will be provided for any unconsumed or partially consumed items. (See Section 7:e-1 for more details on boxing up of leftover items.)
- e. All Vendor Meals must be notated in the contract as such on their own line item. In any scenario, vendors must plate their meals in the service area or in an area generally away from the guests. Vendors may NOT go through the buffet line with the guests during meal service unless the client has specifically approved and signed off on this in the official contract.
- f. Dagar's does not guarantee any particular event lead or on-site catering manager. While you may work with a specific sales representative in the event planning process, Dagar's may still assign someone different to oversee the catering set-up and execution on the day of the event. This decision is finalized during the week leading up to your event and is made based on a number of factors, including staff availability, venue and scheduling needs.
- g. Client will ultimately be billed for the guaranteed number of guests provided by 4 business days prior to the event, OR the actual number of attendees on the day of the event, whichever is greater.
Dagar's Catering accepts checks, cash, money orders, Master Card and Visa and American Express for payment.
- a. The 25% reservation fee is due to Dagar's Catering upon booking the event and is deducted from the final bill.
- b. 30 days prior to the event, 75% of the total balance is due to Dagar's Catering.
- c. 10 days prior to the event: The client will meet with Dagar's Catering to go over final count, instructions for the event and the event time-line. At that time a final contract will be signed. Final payment (the remaining 25% of total balance) will be due at this time.
- d. If final payment is not made by the 10-day deadline, Dagar's Catering will only accept a money order or cash for payment of the event.
- e. If payment is not received five days prior to the event, cancellation will occur and contract will be voided.
- f. A $10/day late fee will accrue if payment is not received by the 10 day prior to event deadline.
- g. Returned checks will be charged a $75 service charge and Dagar's will only accept cash or money order for the client's remaining balance.
- h. If payment is not received within the outlined timeframe, all contracts are void and service will not be provided for the event.
5. The prices quoted on the contract are guaranteed. Should the client's menu selections change, Dagar's Catering cannot guarantee the prices quoted in prior meetings.
6. Dagar's Catering guarantees that they will provide the services contracted.
7.Clean-up of event:
Dagar's catering is responsible for the following items:
- a-1. Picking up of trash - there is an additional fee for removal of trash from premises
- b-1. Clean-up of any prep area that Dagar's Catering has used
- c-1. Clean-up of serving area(s) only
- d-1. Removal of Dagar's Catering equipment
- e-1. Boxing up of leftover food items to be provided to client after the event.
NOTE: Dagar's Catering reserves the right to withhold or discard any leftover food items at the conclusion of an event that may be deemed unsafe for consumption (ie. dairy/meat products that have been exposed to extreme heat over the course of an event). Dagar's Catering is released from any health liability related to consumption of leftover food once it is provided to the client and consumed after it leaves the event premises.
Dagar's is not responsible for:
- a-2. Vacuuming of venue
- b-2. Mopping of venue, with the exception of the food service area
- c-2. Putting away of tables and chairs, unless they are the property of Dagar's Catering
- d-2. Setting out or removal of centerpieces from tables
- e-2. Sweeping up of items such as rose petals after the event is complete
Dagar's Catering understands that some venues may require some of these tasks to be done, so we are more than willing to do them for a nominal fee.
8. Time Frame for Dagar's Catering:
Dagar's Catering specifies service time on each contract. Any hours exceeding the contracted time will incur a $25/hr per server fee.